Your Well Being Is Our Top Priority
Boat Accident Claims
Pennekamp Law understands how intense it can be to navigate through the busy waters off of the Florida coastline, and how dangerous it can be to be out on the water during unpredictable weather. It is for these reasons we are committed to representing injured victims of boat accidents throughout and around the entire state of Florida.
While more and more boaters are utilizing the waterways of Florida for sport and recreation, the number of boating related accidents has understandingly increased as well. Unfortunately, this has also caused an increase in the number of injuries for recreational boaters out on the water.
At Pennekamp Law, our attorneys will provide you with the justice and compensation you deserve based on the severity of your injuries. If you have suffered from an injury due to a Boating accident, make sure to contact us today for counsel on how to have the party responsible for the incident to be accountable for the costs of your injuries, suffering, and losses.
Types Of Boat Accident Injuries
Offshore conditions are widely known for causing dangerous situations for recreational boaters and recreational water enthusiast. While the weather and conditions of the sea can cause hazardous situations, the nature of the water sport can result in unsafe conditions as well. High speeds mixed with slippery surfaces and defective equipment can lead to a person suffering a boating accident.
An incident can be classified as a boat accident if the victim received the injury or incurred a loss as a result of being on a dock or water vessel. Types of injuries that can occur on boats:
- Burn Injuries – Burn injuries can be caused by exposure to the sun, chemicals, fires, severe heat, or even steam. Most severe burns require medical attention. These injuries can range in severity from mild to life threatening.
- Broken Bones – Long-term treatment of broken bones can include immobilization, which can include anything from a plaster cast to a splint or even surgical screws. In some cases, surgery is needed to implant more permanent forms of immobilization.
- Head Injuries – A head injury is any type of injury that affects a person’s face, head, skull, or brain. Fatal head injuries can occur without the victim even knowing how badly they are injured. This occurs when the victim is struck suddenly and suffers partial memory loss.
- Impaired Vision – Injuries that cause impaired vision or blindness create a lifetime of struggle for victims. If you suffered an eye injury, you may have discovered that it alters your entire way of life, which is why you deserve the maximum compensation for your needs.
- Loss Of A Limb – An amputation can be caused immediately from the occurrence of the accident, or it can be the result of the traumatic injury that requires a limb to be removed to help save the life of the victim from a fatal infection.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries are serious as they can lead to paralysis, the inability to work, and the inability to live a normal life. Many boaters with spinal cord injuries are not able to return to their former occupation, or their normal way of life.
Pennekamp Law has proudly served dozens of victims of that have been involved in boating accidents throughout the state of Florida. We are committed and dedicated to representing the citizens of Florida that have had an unfortunate boating accident. Our attorneys help victims gain the justice and restitution they deserve for their injuries and losses.
With decades of combined experience, our attorneys have been able to help clients in a wide range of accident and injury cases, many of which being related to boating accidents. If you are suffering or have suffered due to a boating accident, make sure you contact us today to schedule your FREE consultation to get the compensation you deserve. We specializes in boating accidents and we look forward to hearing about your case.
Causes Of Boat Accidents
Common causes of boating accidents range from simple distractions to excessive speeds. Harsh weather conditions have also been known to be the reason for many boat accidents. Regardless of the reason for the accident, make sure you talk to a Miami personal injury attorney from Pennekamp Law today so we can review your case and help you get the compensation you deserve. Other reasons for boating accidents include:
- Talking or texting on the phone
- Fail to give other boaters the right of way
- Cut off other boaters or force them into other boaters
- Fail to check blind spots for other boaters
- Pull skiers blindly into another boaters intended direction
As an example, we recently had a case involving a very tragic boat accident where our client was critically injured due to the recklessness and negligent behavior of a much bigger commercial freighter out on the water. Our legal team was able to get our client amply compensated for their medical bills, loss of work, all future medical bills, and of course the cost of pain and suffering.
You Deserve Compensation
Many people do not realize that they can recover more than just the medical costs to heal the physical damages caused by their maritime related injury. There are additional costs such as health care, therapy, pain, suffering, and other losses that can be paid for by the defendant’s insurance company when legal action is taken. If you were injured in a maritime accident, some of the items you are entitled to receive compensation for can include:
- Loss of employment
- Time missed from work
- Interest losses
- Medical bills
- Therapy costs
- Mental suffering
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
Remember, the main goal of the insurance companies is to offer you the lowest payment possible to settle your claim, and make it nearly impossible for you to increase the settlement amount. Our goal is the exact opposite – We fight to get you the most amount of compensation and restitution you deserve to live a painless and financially free life, for the rest of your life, despite the seriousness of your injuries.
Regardless of how severe the maritime injury, Pennekamp Law will provide you with the legal representation you need to be adequately compensated. Our experienced and dedicated legal team will be available to provide you with the knowledgeable counsel and sincere support you need. Call us today if you would like to share with us the cause and effect of the maritime incident you experienced, and the pain and suffering you have had to endure as a result of it.
We Are Here For You
One of the most difficult requirements we face as attorneys is to place a value on the life and well being of someone who has suffered from a tragedy such as a boating accident. Pennekamp Law has been able to successfully overcome this challenge, and all of our clients have been generously compensated for their injuries, pains, and losses as a result.
As an example, we recently had a case involving an incident where our client broke his foot when another boater accidentally collided with him and the dock. Our legal team was able to get our client amply compensated for his medical bills, loss of work, all future medical bills, and of course for his pain and suffering. Our purpose is to help our clients in the pursuit of their well being, beginning with maximum compensation.
Pennekamp Law has decades of combined experience in cases such as boat accidents, and have been listed in Best Lawyers® magazine consecutively over the last ten years. In addition, our firm has received numerous awards for our record breaking settlements and recognition for our uncontested legal victories in court. In summary, you can be confident in our experience and count on us to handle your boat accident claim.
Submit Your Case Today
With strict statute of limitations set on boat related injuries, it is important you quickly seek experienced legal counsel if you have been hurt in an incident involving a boat. Regardless of the lack of cooperation you may receive from the party that hurt you, the team at Pennekamp Law will fight for you and help you get the full financial compensation you deserve for your losses.
We have experience with the complexities of these personal injury cases relating to boat injuries, and we can help you gain the money you need to cover the medical costs of your injuries for both now and into the future. Contact Pennekamp Law today and schedule your FREE consultation, and to learn more about how we can help you seek a favorable settlement.
Contact Pennekamp Law
We have represented clients injured in a wide range of accidents and can utilize this experience and insight to assist with your case. You can be rest assured that our firm always has your best interests in mind as our payment is dependant on the success of your case. Whether we have to advocate on your behalf in court or negotiate a settlement with an insurance company, our legal team will manage it all.
- We offer free case consultations for our clients
- We have recovered hundreds of multi-million dollar settlements
- We won one of Florida’s largest personal injury settlements
- Our clients do not pay unless we secure a recovery for them
- Our clients and our local community are our top priority
- Our clients are treated as family with the utmost respect
If you had a boat related injury off the coast of Florida, please submit your case below to schedule your FREE bike accident consultation. After you submit your case, one of our appointment schedulers will call you to arrange a time for you to meet with your attorney to discuss your case in more detail.
We strive endlessly every day to be the absolute best firm you could possibly have help you get you the compensation you deserve. Boat accidents are dangerously serious and we are happy to speak with you in either English or Spanish.
Schedule Your FREE Consultation
Submit Your Case
Fill out and submit your Case Evaluation Form to provide us with a better idea of your situation and condition.
Schedule Your Meeting
We will contact you shortly to find and schedule a time for one of our award winning attorneys to meet with you.
Meet Your Attorney
One of our attorneys will contact you to review your situation and discuss your options on how to move forward with your case.