Your Well Being Is Our Top Priority
Catastrophic Injury Services
While all injuries can be considered severe to some point, but there are some deemed to be more serious or “Catastrophic” than others. In situations where injuries are truly catastrophic, they are completely life-altering with consequences that are permanent into the future. Examples of a catastrophic injury include a brain or spinal cord injury, or any injury that makes a victim dependant on medical care or medical devices for the rest of their life.
The team of attorneys and paralegals at Pennekamp Law represent and assist victims who have been involved in serious accidents that resulted in catastrophic injuries. While our law firm is able to help clients who have been involved in all types of personal injury cases, we have a vested interest in helping those who have suffered from what is known as a catastrophic injury. These are set apart from more normal injuries by their long-lasting effects in the life of a victim.
Types Of Catastrophic Injuries
An injury is classified as catastrophic if the victim will never fully recover or if they will always be living with the side effects of their injury. For example, someone who has suffered from the loss of limb will never fully recover and will need to learn how to live as an amputee. This is therefore a catastrophic injury and is something that will cause a lifetime of medical bills, potentially lowered earning potential, as well as mental suffering. Other examples of catastrophic injuries include the following:
- Burn Injuries - Burn injuries can be caused by exposure to the sun, chemicals, fires, severe heat, or even steam. Most severe burns require medical attention. These injuries can range in severity from mild to life threatening.
- Broken Bones - Long-term treatment of broken bones can include immobilization, which can involve medical solutions from a plaster cast to a splint or even surgical screws. In some cases, surgery is needed to implant more permanent forms of immobilization.
- Head Injuries - A head injury is any type of injury that affects a person's face, head, skull, or brain. Fatal head injuries can occur without the victim even knowing how badly they are injured. These types of injuries can occur when the victim is struck suddenly and suffers partial memory loss.
- Hearing Loss - Hearing loss is any type of injury that affects a person's ears or ability to hear clearly. Hearing loss can occur in a number of ways and a victim will have to change their lives to learn how to live and communicate without hearing.
- Impaired Vision - Injuries that cause impaired vision or blindness create a lifetime of struggle for victims. If you suffered an eye injury, you may have discovered that it alters your entire way of life, which is why you deserve the maximum compensation for your losses and needs.
- Loss Of A Limb - An amputation can be caused immediately from the occurrence of the accident, or it can be the result of the traumatic injury that requires a limb to be removed to help save the life of the victim from a fatal infection. In either case, an amputation will alter your entire way of life, which is why you deserve the maximum compensation for your losses and needs.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal cord injuries are serious as they can lead to paralysis, the inability to work, or the inability to live a normal life due to constant pain. Most victims with spinal cord injuries are not able to return to their former occupation or their normal way of life. This is why we fight for our clients to receive the maximum compensation for their losses and needs.
With decades of combined experience, our attorneys have been able to help hundreds of clients in a wide range of accident and injury cases, many of which being catastrophic such as the ones listed above. If you are suffering from a catastrophic injury, make sure you contact us today to schedule your FREE consultation with our attorneys to get receive the compensation you deserve.
Pennekamp Law has diligently served hundreds of clients that have been involved in catastrophic injuries throughout the state of Florida. We are committed to representing the proud citizens of Florida that have had an unfortunate accident so they receive the justice and restitution they deserve for the injuries and losses they incurred. We specializes in catastrophic injuries and we look forward to hearing about your case.
Causes Of Catastrophic Injuries
As a matter of fact, one of our own team members here at Pennekamp Law had a catastrophic injury that she lives with every day. With that being said, we know first hand how frustrating it can be to live a life full of pain, inconveniences, and feelings of grief. All too often, catastrophic injuries are the result of the negligence or irresponsible behavior of an individual. Other cases may be related to unfavorable conditions such as the following:
- On-going construction
- Unsafe living conditions
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Inclimate weather
Accidents on the roads are famous for being the reason for many catastrophic injuries. Causes include distractions while driving, lack of attention while driving, failure to slow down, or simply running a red light. Regardless of the reason for your catastrophic injury, make sure you talk to an attorney from Pennekamp Law today so we can review your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Pennekamp Law is committed to representing Floridians that have been injured by other people or unfavorable conditions out of their control. Our attorneys have helped victims gain the justice and compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. If you are suffering physically or financially due to your catastrophic injury, make sure you contact us today so we can review your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
You Deserve Compensation
Many people do not realize that they can recover more than just the physical damages to their property. There are additional costs such as health care, therapy, pain, suffering, and other losses that can be paid for by insurance companies when legal action is taken. For example, some of the items you are entitled to receive compensation for include the following items listed bow if you were injured:
- Loss of employment
- Time missed from work
- Interest losses
- Medical bills
- Therapy costs
- Mental suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Physical pain
- Vehicle repair costs
Remember, the main goal of the insurance companies is to offer you the lowest payment possible to minimize their own expenses. Our goal is just the opposite - We fight to get you the most amount of compensation and restitution you deserve to live a painless and financially free life, for the rest of your life, despite your injuries.
Even if your car accident was caused by a product defect or another persons irresponsible actions, Pennekamp Law will provide you with the legal representation you need to get adequately compensated. Our experienced and dedicated legal team will be available to provide you with the knowledgeable counsel and compassionate support you need to get back on your feet. Call us today if you want to share with us what caused your accident and the injuries you incurred as a result of it.
We Are Here For You
One of the most difficult requirements we face as attorneys is to place a value on the life and well being of someone who has suffered from a tragedy such as a catastrophic injury. Pennekamp Law has been able to successfully overcome this challenge, and all of our catastrophic injury clients we have represented have been generously compensated for their losses as a result.
As an example, we recently had a case involving a tragic accident where our client was critically injured due to the defective loading equipment of a shipping center. Our legal team was able to get our client amply compensated for their medical bills, loss of work, all future medical bills, and of course the cost of their pain and suffering.
Pennekamp Law has decades of experience involving catastrophic injury cases and have been listed in Best Lawyers® magazine consecutively over the last ten-plus years for their work in cases involving catastrophic injuries. In addition, our firm has received numerous awards for our record breaking settlements and recognition for our uncontested legal victories in court. In summary, You can count on us to handle your catastrophic injury claim.
Contact Pennekamp Law
We have represented clients injured in a wide range of accidents and can utilize this experience and insight to assist with your case. You can rest assured knowing that our firm always has your best interests in mind as we do not get paid unless we secure a settlement for yoru case. Whether we have to advocate on your behalf in court or if need to negotiate a settlement with an insurance company, our legal team can and will handle it all with exceptional results.
- We offer free case consultations for our clients
- We have recovered multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients
- We won one of Florida’s largest personal injury settlements
- Our clients do not need to pay unless we secure a recovery for them
- Our clients and our local community are our top priority
- Our clients are treated as family with the utmost respect
At Pennekamp Law, we are committed to representing people that have been hurt by unfavorable incidences, and suffered a catastrophic injury as a result. Our attorneys help victims gain the justice and restitution they deserve for their medical costs and financial losses. If you are suffering physically or financially due to a catastrophic injury, make sure you contact us today to get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been in an accident that resulted in a catastrophic injury in the state of Florida, please call us at (305) 998-5595 or submit your case below to schedule your free consultation. After you submit your case, one of our appointment schedulers will call you to arrange a time for you to meet with your attorney. Congratulations for finding us today, we will get you the compensation you deserve for your catastrophic injury and are available to speak with you in either English or Spanish.
Why Choose Pennekamp Law?
Accident victims will require money for a lifetime of medical bills and we help our clients recover the compensation they deserve.
Our attorneys are skilled in recovering compensation for our clients from insurance companies that originally refused to pay.
Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined legal experience and have recovered millions of dollars for the clients we have served.