Your Well Being Is Our Top Priority
Dog Bite Injury Services
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), nearly 4.5 million Americans are bitten by dogs every year, and half of the victims are children. In addition, one in five dog bites results in serious injuries that require medical attention. Furthermore, The Insurance Information Institute and State Farm also states that dog bites accounted for more than one-third of all homeowners insurance liability claims paid in 2013.
These statistics have caused many cities to take fairly aggressive measures to prevent these numbers from growing. For example, the Miami-Dade Animal Services (MDAS) got the city to outlaw pitbulls in 2015 after a steep increase in dog maulings, one in 2014 being fatal.
With that being said, If you live in Florida and were bitten by a dog that was not your own, you should contact Pennekamp Law today to schedule a FREE consultation with one of our attorneys that specializes in Dog Bite injuries.
Types Of Dog Bite Injuries
It is important to recognize is that a dog is more than just a pet. It is a responsibility the owner of the dog must accept and be held accountable for, regardless of the cost caused by the dog’s actions. Unfortunately, many of the dog bite injuries reported in Florida are from dogs that were raised by their owners to be aggressive. Because of this, we need to hold the dogs’ owners responsible for the violent damage their “pets” cause.
An injury can be classified as a dog bite injury if the victim received the injury or incurred a loss as a result of being bitten by a dog. Types of dog bite injuries range in levels from 1 to 6, each measured by the severity of the wound and the aggression of the animal. The 6 levels of dog bites are listed for you below:
- Level 1 Bite: Aggressive behavior with no skin contact by teeth. This is normally a dog that is trying to simply scare a dog or human so that he or she will just go away.
- Level 2 Bite: Skin-contact by teeth but no skin-puncture. This doggie is a little more serious about his aggression. He is willing to take it a step further to let you know that he doesn't want you there.
- Level 3 Bite: One to four tooth punctures from a single bite with no puncture deeper than half the length of the dog’s canine teeth. At this point, the dog can present a threat to other people and animals. The majority of my aggression cases fall into this level.
- Level 4 Bite: One to four punctures from a single bite with at least one puncture deeper than half the length of the dog’s canine teeth. The person or dog bitten may also have deep bruising around the wound or wounds from the dog shaking its head from side to side. At this level, the red warning flag needs to go up. The dog needs to be kept away from people and other animals until the situation can be assessed by a professional.
- Level 5 Bite: Multiple level 4 bites and/or multiple attacks. This dog is not safe around people or other animals. Prognosis is poor. Many behavior specialists and behaviorists recommend euthanasia because of the danger to others and the poor quality of life the dog would have in solitary confinement.
- Level 6 Bite: The victim (animal or human) is killed in the attack. Fortunately, this is extremely rare.
Pennekamp Law has proudly served hundreds of clients throughout Florida. With more than half a century of combined experience, our attorneys have been able to help clients in a wide range of accident and injury cases including dog bite injuries. If you have been bitten by somebody else’s dog, you have a right to receive compensation for you pain and losses.
With decades of combined experience, our attorneys have been able to help hundreds of clients in a wide range of dog bite injury cases, many of which being similar to the level of dog bites already defined. If you are suffering from a cruise ship injury, make sure you contact us today to schedule your FREE consultation with our attorneys to get receive the compensation you deserve. We do specialize in dog bite injuries and we look forward to hearing about your case.
Causes Of Dog Bite Injuries
Surprisingly, there are multiple parties that can be held accountable for a dog’s behavior that caused an injury. An example of some of the people or parties that can be held responsible for a dog bite injury may include:
- Animal Keepers: Anyone who is responsible for the care or custody of an animal may be considered an owner or keeper and can be held responsible for an animal bite. Examples include kennels, a pound, or an animal sitter.
- Parents of Minors: Even if a person under 18 years of age owns the animal at issue, in many states an injured person can bring a legal claim against the minor's parents, even if the parents had no direct involvement with the animal.
- Property Owners: A property owner can be liable for injuries caused by an animal that the property owner allowed onto his or her property.
- Landlords: If an apartment landlord knew (or should have known) that a tenant owned a dangerous animal, the landlord may also be liable for animal bite injuries.
Dog bites are unfortunate events among the list of calls to police in neighborhoods around Florida. Whether the cause of the attack was generated from the victim or the dog, the owner of the dog must be held responsible for the damages done to the victim. Regardless of the reason that caused the dog bite injury, make sure you talk to an attorney from Pennekamp Law today so we can review your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Pennekamp Law is committed to representing Floridians that have been injured in any way by other people or unfavorable conditions that are out of their control. Our attorneys have helped victims gain the justice and compensation they deserve for their dog bite injuries and losses. If you are suffering physically or financially due to a dog bite injury, make sure you contact us today so we can review your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
You Deserve Compensation
Many victims of dog bites do not realize that they can recover more compensation than just the medical costs and physical damages to their property caused by a dog. There are additional costs such as health care, therapy, pain, suffering, and other losses that can be paid for by the dog owner’s insurance company when legal action is taken. For example, if you received a dog bite injury some of the items you are entitled to receive compensation for could include:
- Loss of employment
- Time missed from work
- Interest losses
- Medical bills
- Therapy costs
- Mental suffering
- Emotional suffering
Remember, the dog owner’s insurance company will offer you the lowest possible payment to minimize their own expenses. Our goal is the opposite - Our job and our passion is to fight for you to get the most amount of compensation and restitution you deserve to live a painless and financially free life, for the rest of your life, despite your injuries.
Even if your dog bite injury was caused by the irresponsible actions of yourself or another individual, Pennekamp Law will provide you with the legal representation you need to get adequately compensated for the costs and losses you incur. Our experienced legal team will be available to provide you with the counsel and support you need to get your life back on track. Please contact us today if you would like to talk with us about the injuries you incurred from your dog bite injury.
We Are Here For You
One of the most difficult requirements we face as attorneys is to place a value on the life and well being of one of our clients who has suffered from a tragedy such as a dog bite injury. Pennekamp Law has been able to successfully overcome this challenge, and all of our dog bite injury clients we have represented have been generously compensated for their injuries and losses as a result.
As an example, we recently had a case involving a tragic accident where our client was critically injured from a dog bite injury as he was delivering products purchased by the tenant of the property. Our legal team was able to get our client amply compensated for their medical bills, loss of work, all future medical bills, and of course the cost of their pain and suffering.
Pennekamp Law has decades of experience involving dog bite injury cases and have been listed in Best Lawyers® magazine consecutively over the last ten-plus years for their work in cases involving catastrophic injuries. In addition, our firm has received numerous awards for our record breaking settlements and recognition for our uncontested legal victories in court. In summary, You can count on us to handle your dog bite injury claim.
Contact Pennekamp Law
We have represented clients injured in a wide range of accidents and can utilize this experience and insight to assist with your case. You can rest assured knowing that our firm always has your best interests in mind as we do not get paid unless we secure a settlement for yoru case. Whether we have to advocate on your behalf in court or if need to negotiate a settlement with an insurance company, our legal team can and will handle all your legal needs with exceptional results.
- We offer free case consultations for our clients
- We have recovered multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients
- We won one of Florida’s largest personal injury settlements
- Our clients do not need to pay unless we secure a recovery for them
- Our clients and our local community are our top priority
- Our clients are treated as family with the utmost respect
At Pennekamp Law, we are committed to representing people that have suffered a catastrophic injury as a result an accident or unfavorable incidence. Our attorneys help victims gain the justice and restitution they deserve to cover the costs of their medical costs and financial losses. If you are suffering physically or financially due to a dog bite injury, make sure you contact us today to get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been in an incident that resulted in a dog bite injury in the state of Florida, please call us at (305) 998-5595 or submit your case below to schedule your free consultation. After you submit your case, one of our appointment schedulers will call you to arrange a time for you to meet with your attorney. Congratulations for finding us today, we will get you the financial reward you deserve for your dog bite injury and we are available to speak with you in either English or Spanish.
Why Choose Pennekamp Law?
Accident victims will require money for a lifetime of medical bills and we help our clients recover the compensation they deserve.
Our attorneys are skilled in recovering compensation for our clients from insurance companies that originally refused to pay.
Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined legal experience and have recovered millions of dollars for the clients we have served.